I may receive compensation if you sign up for the offer(s) below. You are of course free to sign up for these offers outside of these links provided but you help support the blog by using them. As always, your support is greatly appreciated!
Great Canadian Rebates is currently offering $12 cash back if you get your credit score through TransUnion. Usually, getting your score means paying $19.95 which isn’t a great deal but from now until February 28th, your credit score only costs $1 AND you get $12 cash back, netting you $11 for free!
If you don’t know what Great Canadian Rebates and cashback sites are in general, take a read through my introduction to them. I promise you. It’s completely legitimate and you will definitely get your money.
Getting and understanding your credit score is the cornerstone of Travel Hacking because it allows you to understand whether or not you will qualify for the cards we really want, like the American Express Platinum, Platinum Business, Gold and Gold Business. For a full breakdown of what credit scores mean and how they are calculated, take a read through this article.
There’s a promotion to get your credit score for $1 for the first 7 days. After the first 7 days, you will be billed $19.95 per month so be sure to cancel your subscription after you get your score. Even if you cancel your subscription within the 7 days, you will still qualify and be paid the $12 cash back from Great Canadian Rebates.
This offer is NOT AVAILABLE to Residents of Quebec.
- If you have a GreatCanadianRebates account, sign in. If you don’t sign up for one here.
- Find the offer under Categories –> Credit Cards –> TransUnion and click the offer, or click on the direct link here.
- Click on the TransUnion Canada $1 offer at the bottom of the page
- Register for the offer and pay for the report ($1)
- Once you have reviewed your score, you can either call into TransUnion to cancel the plan (1-800-508-2597) or you can cancel by clicking on this link (be sure to be logged into your TransUnion account before you click).
Here’s what the cancellation screen should look like if you’ve done it right:
Why You Should Do It
Understanding your credit score and credit history is key but beyond that, this is $11 for free! When you consider that you can even cancel your subscription online, it makes this a no-brainer.
Earn $11. Get your free credit score and credit history. Boom.