If you’ve been reading the blog, you’ll know that I don’t pump credit card signups … like … ever. Because everyone’s story is different. I would rather give in-depth information with the pros and cons of the card so you can make the right decision for yourself rather than pressure you to get a card that may not work for your particular circumstance.
That being said, new Scotiabank Momentum Visa offer is really quite good. So good that I applied for it myself.
Unfortunately being in San Juan seems to have triggered some sort of geo-location issue so I will have to call in regarding my application when I’m back from the Carribean but regardless, the card provides some excellent features and a great new bonus!
Scotiabank Momentum Visa
The Scotiabank Momentum Visa is a cash back credit card so you’re not going to get any bonus points or anything to start but here’s what you do get:
- 4% on eligible gas station and grocery store purchases
- 2% on drug store purchases and recurring bills
- 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases
- VISA Infinite Complimentary Concierge Service – available 24/7
- Access to VISA Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection
- VISA Infinite Dining Series – Unique dining experiences in some of Canada’s top restaurants
- Special access to unique offers and experiences
- Rental car collision insurance
- Purchase security and extended warranty protection
The bonus category for gas and grocery is quite good at 4% but it should be noted that the cash back is only on the first $25,000 of spend in those two categories, so you can earn up to $1,000 in cash back. Same goes for drug stores but the bonus is 2% on the first $25,000, so you can earn up to $500 in the drugstore category. If you go over the maximums, you earn 1% cash back. It should also be noted that your spend in non-category retailers also earns at a 1% cash back rate.
Normally the Annual Fee for this card is $99 but until July 31st, 2017, the annual fee is waived. From what I have seen, this card seems to have its annual fee waived a few times a year so while the offer isn’t out of this world, it’s pretty good.
So here’s the reason you might want to consider applying for this card.
Great Canadian Rebates is offering $100 cash back for approved applications of the Scotiabank Momentum Visa! The only catch is that you need to apply for the card before June 30th, 2017 in order to qualify for the cash back.
If you aren’t familiar with how cashback site work, you should read my post explaining how you can use them to extract extreme value when you make purchases online.
To receive the cashback, follow these steps:
- Create an account at GreatCanadianRebates
- Go to the Scotiabank Momentum Visa Card Rebate
- When your card gets approved, wait a couple of days and you http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/register/135954/will see confirmation that you received your $100 (or whatever the current offer is)
This card may or may not be for you but if you are looking for a cashback credit card and you have a lot of spend on gas, grocery or drugstore purchases, you may want to consider this card because the category bonuses are quite generous.
To make things even sweeter, GreatCanadianRebates is providing an incredible cashback offer of $100 from now until June 30th. So if you plan on getting this card, make sure you apply before the deadline.